High standards of client care, staff development and training plus excellence in compliance were just three big ticks from the Law Society for Oldham law firm Pearson Solicitors and Financial Advisers.
With three offices across the local area, the firm has been through an audit to secure the Law Society’s legal practice quality mark Lexcel, being successful for the 19th year in succession.
Lexcel is a Law Society standard with high expectations, essentially an audit developed for the legal profession which gives assurance that qualifying practices meet high client care and business management standards. Lexcel is run by the Law Society, the professional body for solicitors in England and Wales.
Anne Milne, the industry’s independent assessor, praised how Pearson Solicitors and Financial Advisers Ltd have developed over the past year:
She said: “The firm has a good, clear management structure, people feel valued, appreciated and looked after and learning and development continues to be a strength.
“As people are developed to positions of greater responsibility, coaching and knowledge sharing is excellent and the achievement of relevant qualifications is supported.
“Compliance and risk management remain strong. There is a sound risk-management culture in the firm and people feel supported by partners, line managers and colleagues in resolving any problems.
“Standards of client care remain high, and people are proud of the outcomes achieved for clients. It is clear that Pearson Solicitors and Financial Advisers continues to maintain a sound Lexcel standard.”
Like many local businesses, the firm has also had to adapt to a different way of working but has embraced hybrid working systems.
Emphasising that home-working was efficiently introduced, Ms Milne continued: “The firm has invested in IT hardware and operational systems and these are working well. And people have continued to work to meet client needs.
“Support for home and work life balance is excellent. The firm has long been open to flexible working arrangements for all staff who greatly appreciate the flexibility of being able to maintain a healthy work life balance.”
Staff feedback for the Lexcel audit included:
· Never been told ´No´ if I make a case to go on a training course (several similar views);
· Support for home and work life is brilliant ..this is a fantastic firm to work for;
· I can see my career ahead of me, I’m very happy here;
· They’re always looking for ways to improve;
· Whatever training or development you need .. you get .. they encourage everyone;
· I know it’s a bit of a cliché, but it is very ‘open door’ here;
· I’m very happy here, happier than any other firm and I’m not planning on leaving, it’s the best firm I’ve worked for;
· Work life balance here is brilliant, they trust us and if you’re a good employee they want to keep you;
· The management has been great through Covid:
· I would recommend anybody to work for this firm.
Commenting on the award, Practice Manager and Partner Joanne Ormston said: “This audit really does put a law firm under a microscope. Every aspect of your business is looked at and I am so pleased and proud to have come through with top marks. It’s a tribute to all our staff and shows that our very real commitment to them and to exceptionally high levels of customer service is vital.
“We have exciting plans for the future and will continue to go from strength to strength.”
For more information on Pearson Solicitors and Financial Advisers Law Society Lexcel Accreditation please call 0161 785 3500 or email email@example.com